FAQ for Android Safe Browser
How to install Android Safe Browser?
- step 1: go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cloudacl
- step 2: You know what to do.
Is there any video tutorial?
- Yes, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eowOCXwtF-s
How to setup Safe Browser as the default browser?
If Android browser is the default browser
- Click menu button, select "Manage apps"
- Select "Browser" (which means your Android default browser)
- Click "Clear defaults", see picture
- Follow the instuction "If no default browser setting"
If no default browser setting
- Invoke the browser (Usually by hitting browser icon on status bar)
- you will see a choice menu
- Check "Use by default for this action", and then click "Safe Browser" to set default browser, see picture
How to setup admin or parent password?
- open safe browser application
- click the configuration button on your phone
- click admin icon in the configuration menu
- type your password, then click Ok
- now your are in parent or admin mode
- do step #1 again to configure your security policy
About admin mode
In admin mode, you can configure the categories and sites you want to block, in normal (restricted) mode, you can only browse sites allowed.
- In admin mode, you can configure the categories and sites you want to block, in normal (restricted) mode, you can only browse sites allowed.